Monday 14 May 2007

The Fall of Miss Plum

WEIGHT: back to nearly a pound
HEIGHT: back to just over 17cm

MONDAY 14TH MAY
Good evening!

A lot has happened over the past day. Yesterday morning I had a small accident.



I was nudged from the height of the desk where I had been resting. Im not gonna lie - I lost a lot of soil. I thought I was a gonner.
At first I thought i'd just suffered from depotted syndrom, then I realised,.........




........I had broken my stem















I was feeling very sorry for myself..... but then....





...with the spilled soiled gathered at my roots once more, I was taken to the kitchen where I was given some water. After, I was placed on a different table to the desk I had been on, at first I was afraid as I saw what is known as 'cocktail sticks?' coming towards me. They were gently put into my soil and gathered around me like a splint, then I was wrapped in white tissue and bandaged.




I feel a lot better today. I was even put on the window sill to get some air. Hopefully my stem will repair. I think it'ss be a couple of weeks before the bandages can be removed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures made me really sad. I dared not show Tom, who is sitting on my windowsill as I type. At the moment he has no fear of falling, but if he were to see the plight of Miss Plum, I think he would start to feel very insecure. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Wendy said...

Bethnal Green tom is saddened by the loss of the lettice, but glad they are not longer nearby to infest him with bugs. He now sits comfortably with the Tesco basil.

chaomious said...

My dear Miss Plum,how are you today? Hope you get well soon and live a peaceful and bandage-free life from now on.

from your most concerned friend ChaoMi